Senior Agile Coach/Scrum Master (Software Engineering) (f/m/d)
We believe that the growing gap between hardware and software development in embedded computing needs to be closed. Therefore we develop state-of the-art programming tools to help developers build software that runs efficiently on intelligent products such as autonomous cars or 5G base stations
Silexica was founded in 2014 and has raised $28 million in funding so far. With its headquarters in Germany and offices in the US and Japan, Silexica is serving global customers across many rapidly transforming industries.
Silexica's team includes some of the best software tooling experts and embedded engineers in the world, complemented by experienced industry veterans and skilled business professionals. We are incredibly passionate about revolutionizing embedded programming and you can become an important part of our success story!
Would you like to shape the future of Silexica with us?
At Silexica’s headquarters in Cologne, we are looking for a technically hands-on Senior Agile Coach/Scrum Master (Software Engineering) (f/m/d) with expertise and passion for innovation, solving difficult problems and developing the next generation of heterogeneous software computing by actively reshaping multicore programming, and edge computing in the future. If this is you, at Silexica you can design and build innovative new systems using bleeding edge technologies available at Silexica. These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast and working on ambitious new initiatives.
As a Senior Agile Coach/Scrum Master (Software Engineering) you will report to the VP of Engineering and will act as the department-wide servant-leader for Silexica’s product development teams (14 heads), providing coaching on agile/scrum, process support, expert technical guidance and accomplished motivational leadership to the software function. Working with peers in the Engineering organisation and stakeholders/leaders within and outside of Silexica, you will ensure agile and highly efficient delivery of software to high standards of consistency and reliability. You will also take the lead in maintaining the current high levels of ambition and agility while building reliability, consistency, governance and maturity appropriate to the large scale and criticality of the software’s usage.
In addition, you’ll be responsible for:
- You act as servant-leader for a team of experts that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software tools written in C++, LLVM, Eclipse/Java and Python for the analysis and optimization of applications targeted at high-performance hardware platforms
- You will apply your extensive knowledge and experience in software engineering to coach the development team in order to guarantee the timely production of value-providing product features as well as flexible, top quality, reusable, scalable and performant software
- You will apply your extensive Agile/Scrum knowledge and experience to define and implement development processes that guarantee the fulfillment and improvement of indicators related to lead time, cycle time, team velocity and issue/bug/story open/close rates
- You work with peers in the Engineering organisation to contribute to the architecture, testing, verification, integration, quality and delivery approaches for our entire product software base as well as to the strategy for future software directions
- You assist in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives
- You directly coach, train, guide and also work with peers in the organisation to professionally develop your team members
- You regularly interact across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure company objectives are met.
- You should be a well rounded and experienced Senior Agile Coach/Scrum Master (Software Engineering) who has exceptionally strong people's skills, technically hands-on and has vast experience creating and implementing agile/scrum processes for globally distributed teams.
- You have start-up and enterprise development experience and have an eye for speed, efficiency, impact and common sense.
- You have experience with Agile/Scrum methodology and have successfully led efforts to transform teams from using waterfall to effectively using agile. You should have certifications from any of the commercial Agile/Scrum teaching institutes (e.g. SAFe) as well as previous experience as an Agile Coach or Scrum Master.
- You should value simplicity and scale, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn new tech stack, new technologies, drive innovation and mentor and develop team members.
- You have strong communication skills, analytical skills, and a thorough understanding of SaaS product development.
- You are passionate about developing intuitive and user centric designs and have experience in building consumer facing products.
- Experience with Linux and Windows software development as well as C++ programming, LLVM or CLANG (or an equivalent compiler development framework), and Eclipse/Java
- Experience with multicore architectures and parallel programming
- Experience with hardware description languages (Verilog HDL and VHDL) and FPGAs
- An opportunity to work with a leading breakthrough product that is shaping a new era of computing
- A high impact on the business and its results and an important role in a fast growing company
- An international, fast-paced and entrepreneurial working environment
- A competitive salary and an awesome work environment with outstanding multi-cultural team
Are you ready for the next challenge? Grow with us and shape the future of Silexica! To apply please upload your CV, your motivation for this position and outline your availability via our recruiting system.
We live and love diversity! We have a team of brilliant minds of 60 people from over 20 countries. We believe that the more diverse we are, the better we get. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.