Scrum of Scrums Master (f/m/d)
We believe that advanced technologies like autonomous cars or real-time wireless data communication (5G) will make the world a better and safer place. To accelerate the development of intelligent products like these, Silexica provides software development tools that help engineers to bring better products to market faster; enabling our customers to win markets.
Silexica was founded in 2014 and has raised $28 million in funding so far. With its headquarters in Germany and offices in the US, Japan and Pakistan, Silexica is serving global customers across different rapidly transforming industries.
Silexica's team includes some of the best software tooling experts and embedded engineers in the world, complemented by industry veterans and business professionals. Together, we are building the best software tools company in the world to make our customers successful in bringing better products to market faster! We are incredibly passionate about revolutionizing embedded programming and you can become an important part of our success story!
At Silexica’s headquarters in Cologne, we are looking for a hands-on Scrum of Scrums Master (f/m/d) with expertise and passion for innovation, solving difficult problems and developing the next generation of heterogeneous software computing. If this is you, at Silexica you can design and build innovative new systems using bleeding edge technologies available at Silexica. These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast and working on ambitious new initiatives.
As a Scrum of Scrums Master you will report to the VP of Engineering and will lead Silexica’s product development teams (14 heads), planning and implementing scrum within our organization and providing coaching, supporting our development processes and providing motivational leadership. Working with peers in the Engineering organisation and stakeholders/leaders within and outside of Silexica, you will ensure highly efficient delivery of software to high standards of consistency and reliability. You will also take the lead in maintaining the current high levels of ambition and agility while building reliability, consistency, governance and maturity appropriate to the large scale and criticality of the software’s usage.
In addition, your role includes:
- You coach the team in self-organization and cross-functionally, managing a team of experts that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software tools written in C++, LLVM, Eclipse/Java and Python for the analysis and optimization of applications targeted at high-performance hardware and embedded platforms
- You enact change and continuous improvement to increase the productivity of the team and quality of deliverables, to guarantee the timely production of value-providing product features as well as flexible, top quality, reusable, scalable and performant software
- You identify, manage, help mitigate project issues and risks and are responsible to remove impediments to the team’s progress to its sprint commitments
- You will apply your extensive Agile/ Scrum knowledge by planning scrum implementations within the organization, leading and coaching the organization in its scrum adoption
- You coach the team in organizational environments in which scrum is not yet fully adopted and understood, and help associates and stakeholders understand and enact scrum in their lines of business
- You work with other Scrum Masters via a Community of Practice to increase the effectiveness of the application of scrum in the organization
Your background & experience:
- You have several years work experience as a Software Engineer, Team Leader or Engineering Manager, who has a thorough understanding of SaaS product development and motivated to lead a global team of experts
- You have gained experience with Linux and Windows software development as well as C++ programming, LLVM or CLANG (or an equivalent compiler development framework), and Eclipse/Java
- You have ideally gained experience with multicore architectures and parallel programming, as well as with hardware description languages (Verilog HDL and VHDL) and FPGAs
- You are a certified Scrum Master from a renowned Agile/ Scrum teaching institute (e.g. SaFe) with experience in Agile/ Scrum methodology, who has successfully led efforts to transform teams from using waterfall to effectively using agile.
- You have start-up and enterprise development experience and have an eye for speed, efficiency, impact and common sense.
- You should value simplicity and scale, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn new tech stack, new technologies, drive innovation and mentor and develop team members.
- You have strong communication skills and excellent analytical skills
- An opportunity to work with a leading breakthrough product that is shaping a new era of computing
- A high impact on the business and its results and an important role in a fast growing company
- An international, fast-paced and entrepreneurial working environment
- A competitive salary, great benefits and an awesome work environment with outstanding multi-cultural team
Are you ready for the next challenge? Grow with us and shape the future of Silexica! To apply please upload your CV, your motivation for this position and outline your availability via our recruiting system.
We live and love diversity! We have a team of brilliant minds of 60 people from over 20 countries. We believe that the more diverse we are, the better we get. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.