Build & Release Engineer (f/m/d)
We believe that advanced technologies like autonomous cars or real-time wireless data communication (5G) will make the world a better and safer place. To accelerate the development of intelligent products like these, Silexica provides software development tools that help engineers to bring better products to market faster; enabling our customers to win markets.
Silexica was founded in 2014 and has raised $28 million in funding so far. With its headquarters in Germany and offices in the US, Japan and Pakistan, Silexica is serving global customers across different rapidly transforming industries.
Silexica's team includes some of the best software tooling experts and embedded engineers in the world, complemented by industry veterans and business professionals. Together, we are building the best software tools company in the world to make our customers successful in bringing better products to market faster! We are incredibly passionate about revolutionizing embedded programming and you can become an important part of our success story!
At Silexica’s headquarters in Cologne, we are currently looking for a passionate and experienced Build & Release Engineer (f/m/d), to ensure the smooth running of our software development and release processes. You have a direct impact on the quality of our products and processes that enable our customers within Automotive, Aerospace & Defense and Wireless Communication to win markets! At Silexica you get the the freedom to work independently and implement your own ideas by designing and building innovative new systems using bleeding edge technologies. If you are excited about being a force multiplier in a team of talented engineers working on cutting edge problems, we should talk!
- You develop, extend and improve continuous integration processes, tools, and practices to sustain the development workflows and ensuring high-quality standards in the SLX build and test infrastructure, including but not limited to performance optimization, benchmarking or server monitoring
- You plan, design and create system tests together with the development teams, QA and customer teams
- You support our Field Application Engineers debugging at the customer site
- You work closely together with the Release Manager on building up our release and integration processes, for our regular and customer-specific releases
- You are responsible for the daily integration of Pull Requests from our development team and ensure a quick and effective resolution for the problems, and prioritization among the teams
Your strengths & qualifications:
- You have a sound Software Engineering and IT technical skill set based on a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- You have gained several years of relevant work experience as Release Engineer, DevOps Engineer or you are a Software Engineer allrounder with expertise in build and test automation
- You must have very good knowledge of software build systems, ideally CMake
- You are familiar with testing frameworks, ideally CTest and boost test
- You have excellent Python scripting skills and are familiar with Bash
- You feel at home in the Linux environment and master software versioning, ideally you also know about Docker and cross-building for Windows
- You enjoy collaborating across different teams being a force multiplier and working on cutting edge problems
- You have strong communication skills and good conflict-resolution abilities
- You are highly organized, passionate about achieving results and love to learn every day
- You are familiar with C/C++ programming and its build and debugging processes
- You have a good understanding of continuous integration systems, ideally Jenkins, and ideally gained some experience with scripting in Groovy already
- You have worked with issue tracking systems, preferably Jira
- You have already worked in an agile development environment
- An integration into our daily work processes from day one with support by your own mentor
- An opportunity to work with a leading breakthrough product that is shaping a new era of computing
- A competitive salary and an awesome work environment with an outstanding multi-cultural team
- A technical key role within our fast-paced and entrepreneurial organization, which supports your professional and personal development
Are you ready for the next challenge? Grow your career as you shape the future of Silexica! To apply please upload your CV, your motivation for this position and outline your availability via our recruiting system.
For more information about SILEXICA please visit https://www.silexica.com/careers/
We live and love diversity! We have a team of brilliant minds from over 20 countries. We believe that the more diverse we are, the better we get. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.