Technical Writer (f/m/d)
We believe that advanced technologies like autonomous cars or real-time wireless data communication (5G) will make the world a better and safer place. To accelerate the development of intelligent products like these, Silexica provides software development tools that help engineers to bring better products to market faster; enabling our customers to win markets.
Silexica was founded in 2014 and has raised $28 million in funding so far. With its headquarters in Germany and offices in the US, Japan and Pakistan, Silexica is serving global customers across different rapidly transforming industries.
Silexica's team includes some of the best software tooling experts and embedded engineers in the world, complemented by industry veterans and business professionals. Together, we create the best software tools company of the future to make our customer’s products the best and fastest in the world! We are incredibly passionate about revolutionizing embedded programming and you can become an important part of our success story!
We are currently looking for a passionate and experienced Technical Writer (f/m/d), to support our product and corporate marketing team. The ideal candidate is a communications specialist with experience in the software or semiconductor industry. Your main task is to utilize your technical background and excellent writing skills to convey effective messaging for our products. This is a part-time/ freelance position ideally located in the United States. You will be working remotely.
- You concept, write and position technical texts for a variety of platforms, such as user manuals, documentation and online content, for external and internal audiences
- You copy-edit documents written by colleagues, such as product briefs or application notes
- You draft scripts for promotional videos and social media posts in support of online campaigns
- You collaborate with PR firms we partner with globally
- You work closely with product management and product marketing in California as well as corporate marketing, engineering, and software release management in Germany
- You maintain effectiveness in a dynamic environment with changing requirements and incomplete information
Your skills & experience:
- You have 10+ years of work experience as a technical writer or in a similar role, in the software or semiconductor industry
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Communications or a related field
- You have knowledge of software tooling and/or semiconductors
- You have experience in writing for engineers and technical product managers
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills and are detail-oriented
- You are able to work well independently/remotely as well as in a team
- You have experience with continuous integration systems – Jenkins preferred
- You are a native English speaker
- Travel requirements may require to spend several weeks a year in Germany
- An opportunity to work with a breakthrough product that is shaping a new era of computing
- An international, fast-paced and entrepreneurial working environment
- A competitive salary and great benefits
Are you ready for the next challenge? Grow with us and shape the future of Silexica! To apply please upload your CV, your motivation for this position and outline your availability via our recruiting system.
We live and love diversity! We have a team of brilliant minds of 60 people from over 20 countries. We believe that the more diverse we are, the better we get. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.