Online Marketing Japan Intern (f/m/d)
We believe that the growing gap between hardware and software development in embedded computing needs to be closed. Therefore we develop state-of the-art programming tools to help developers build software that runs efficiently on intelligent products such as autonomous cars or 5G base stations
Silexica was founded in 2014 and has raised $28 million in funding so far. With its headquarters in Germany and offices in the US and Japan, Silexica is serving global customers across many rapidly transforming industries.
Silexica's team includes some of the best software tooling experts and embedded engineers in the world, complemented by experienced industry veterans and skilled business professionals. We are incredibly passionate about revolutionizing embedded programming and you can become an important part of our success story!
Would you like to shape the future of Silexica with us?
At Silexica’s Cologne headquarters, we are looking for an Intern (f/m/d) for Online Marketing & Social Media for the Japanese Market from early next year to support Silexica as it seeks to grow and reach new customers in Japan. The ideal candidate has a strong passion for marketing, public relations and social media with ideas and a keen attention to detail. This internship will provide significant learnings in a fast-paced role, as well as invaluable experience in a truly global environment. Working within the central marketing department in Cologne, the successful candidate will have an understanding of media and social media in Japan and be fluent in Japanese with a good command of English.
Your Key Responsibilities
- You support with the design and development of marketing, social media and PR activities for Japan
- You translate marketing and media materials from English to Japanese
- You draft pitches, proactively engage with media and key influencers
- You manage, track and coordinate media connections in Japan
- You work closely with project teams on events, including trade shows and exhibitions
- You create post-activity reviews highlighting key learnings and recommendations
- You provide support with global marketing administrative tasks
Desired Skills and Experience:
- You are a student, preferably of Business Studies, Marketing, Communication or PR – other fields of study are welcome
- You understand the Japanese media landscape across all mediums: broadcast, print and online
- You possess experience and passion in Japanese social media platforms and public relations
- You have a good understanding and appreciation for high-tech and advanced softwares
- You are fluent in both Japanese and English
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office
- You are available as either a working student with min. 2 days / week or as full-time intern with additional tasks within Marketing
- You are an EU citizen or possess a valid work permit. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- An insight into the Marketing department of an international and fast growing software company
- Full responsibility for your own projects and opportunity to grow personally and professionally
- Start-up feeling with flat hierarchies, international colleagues and a fun work environment in Cologne Ehrenfeld
Are you ready for the next challenge? Grow with us and shape the future of Silexica! To apply please upload your CV, your motivation for this position (max. 3 sentences) and outline your availability, via our recruiting system.
We live and love diversity! We have a team of brilliant minds of 60 people from over 20 countries. We believe that the more diverse we are, the better we get. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.