Intern Business Development (f/m/d)
We believe that advanced technologies like autonomous cars or real-time wireless data communication (5G) will make the world a better and safer place. To accelerate the development of intelligent products like these, Silexica provides software development tools that help engineers to bring better products to market faster; enabling our customers to win markets.
Silexica was founded in 2014 and has raised $28 million in funding so far. With its headquarters in Germany and offices in the US, Japan and Pakistan, Silexica is serving global customers across different rapidly transforming industries.Silexica's team includes some of the best software tooling experts and embedded engineers in the world, complemented by industry veterans and business professionals. Together, we are building the best software tools company in the world to make our customers successful in bringing better products to market faster! We are incredibly passionate about revolutionizing embedded programming and you can become an important part of our success story!
Would you like to shape the future of Silexica with us? We are looking for an Intern Business Development (f/m/d) to join the management team at our headquarters in Cologne for at least 5 months starting in October. At Silexica you have the opportunity to develop your business as well as personal skills and you are expected to implement your own ideas. You will focus on strategic and operative tasks within Operations, Finance, HR, Sales, and Project Management (depending on your background & interests and our needs):
- You take ownership of selected projects – managing them from beginning to end and communicating progress to the COO and/or other executives
- You analyze and optimize our business processes cross-functionally and implement new (software) tools
- You enable our management team to make strategic decisions by doing market research and working with various departments
- You develop KPIs and create reports for the management
- You evaluate, analyze and profile potential customers, partners and investors
- You support our team with other operational and business development tasks as they come along
- You are currently studying towards a Bachelor or Master degree in Business, Engineering, Industrial Engineering or a similar field, having successfully finished at least the 4th semester of your Bachelor’s degree
- You already have first working experience in a fast-paced environment, in consulting or a start-up
- Ideally you have already gained some software related knowledge, for example in a previous internship or at university
- You are passionate about entrepreneurship and have strong analytical and research skills
- You show ownership, engagement and responsibility for your work and make things happen
- You have excellent skills in working with MS Office products
- You are fluent in English (written and verbal), ideally you are also fluent in German
- You are an EU citizen or possess a valid work permit. Visa sponsorship is unfortunately not available for this position
- You get an insight into the operations of a software start-up with guidance from an experienced management team
- You have full responsibility for your own projects and opportunity to grow personally and professionally
- Start-up feeling with flat hierarchies, international colleagues and a fun work environment in Cologne Ehrenfeld
Are you ready for the next challenge? Grow with us and shape the future of Silexica! To apply please upload your CV, your motivation for this position (max. 3 sentences) and outline your availability, via our recruiting system.
We live and love diversity! We have a team of brilliant minds of 60 people from over 20 countries. We believe that the more diverse we are, the better we get. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.