Software Development - Embedded Systems Intern (f/m/d)
We believe that advanced technologies like autonomous cars or real-time wireless data communication (5G) will make the world a better and safer place. To accelerate the development of intelligent products like these, Silexica provides software development tools that help engineers to bring better products to market faster; enabling our customers to win markets.
Silexica was founded in 2014 and has raised $28 million in funding so far. With its headquarters in Germany and offices in the US, Japan and Pakistan, Silexica is serving global customers across different rapidly transforming industries.Silexica's team includes some of the best software tooling experts and embedded engineers in the world, complemented by industry veterans and business professionals. Together, we are building the best software tools company in the world to make our customers successful in bringing better products to market faster! We are incredibly passionate about revolutionizing embedded programming and you can become an important part of our success story!
At Silexica’s Cologne headquarters, we are looking for an Software Development - Embedded Systems Intern (f/m/d) to support our engineering team in various exciting projects for the duration of 6 months. We offer you the opportunity to become a part of a team of pioneering designers of tools for multicore design.
- You will be involved in analysis, configuration and development tasks across various platforms and systems
- You will support bringing up, porting applications and do performance measurements on different boards, e.g. Infineon Aurix Raspberry Pi or Xilinx UltraScale, and present your results to our team
- You will take over tasks related to developing, debugging and testing, integration and compilation, e.g. for C++ projects or the compiler infrastructure
- You will use our SLX tools and drive the development of prototypes connecting new technologies to our existing products
Desired Skills and Experience:
- You are studying towards a Masters’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science or a related field, having successfully completed your Bachelor
- You have strong C and C++ programming skills
- You have solid scripting skills on Windows and/or Linux (e.g. Python, Bash)
- You have previous experience in bringing up and programming embedded development boards
- You are fluent in English
- You have very good problem-solving capabilities and communication skills
- You are a team player, who has a hands-on mentality and a desire to learn
- You are an EU citizen or possess a valid work permit. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- An opportunity to work with a fascinating product – the premium multicore solution – shaping a new era of computing
- Professional guidance from our experienced engineering team
- Full responsibility for your own projects and opportunity to grow personally and professionally
- Start-up feeling with flat hierarchies, an international team and a fun work environment in Cologne Ehrenfeld
Are you ready for the next challenge? Grow with us and shape the future of Silexica! To apply please upload your CV, your motivation for this position (max. 3 sentences) and outline your availability, via our recruiting system.
We live and love diversity! We have a team of brilliant minds of 60 people from over 20 countries. We believe that the more diverse we are, the better we get. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.