Embedded Systems Intern (f/m/d)
We believe that the growing gap between hardware and software development in embedded computing needs to be closed. Therefore, we develop state-of the-art programming tools to help developers build software that runs efficiently on intelligent products such as autonomous cars or 5G base stations
Silexica was founded in 2014 and has raised $28 million in funding so far. With its headquarters in Germany and offices in the US and Japan, Silexica is serving global customers across many rapidly transforming industries.
Silexica's team includes some of the best software tooling experts and embedded engineers in the world, complemented by experienced industry veterans and skilled business professionals. We are incredibly passionate about revolutionizing embedded programming and you can become an important part of our success story!
Would you like to shape the future of Silexica with us?
At Silexica’s Cologne headquarters, we are looking for an Intern in the field of Embedded Systems, with a focus on either Linux or FPGA to support our engineering team in various exciting projects for the duration of 6 months. We offer you the opportunity to become a part of a team of pioneering designers of tools for multicore design.
- You will be involved in analysis, configuration and development tasks across various platforms and systems
- You will support bringing up, porting applications and do performance measurements on different boards, e.g. Infineon Aurix Raspberry Pi or Xilinx UltraScale, and present your results to our team
- You will take over tasks related to developing, debugging and testing, integration and compilation, e.g. for C++ projects or the compiler infrastructure
- You will use our SLX tools and drive the development of prototypes connecting new technologies to our existing products
Desired Skills and Experience:
- You are studying towards a Masters’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science or a related field, having successfully completed your Bachelor
- You have solid C and C++ programming skills
- You have solid scripting skills on Windows and/or Linux (e.g. Python, Bash)
- You have previous experience in bringing up and programming embedded development boards
- You are fluent in English
- You have very good problem-solving capabilities and communication skills
- You are a team player, who has a hands-on mentality and a desire to learn
- You are an EU citizen or possess a valid work permit. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- Additionally, following is required for the different focuses:
- You have worked with embedded Linux boards
- Ideally you have experience in cross-compilation
- You have experience with FPGA tools and boards from Xilinx or Altera and solid knowledge of Computer architecture
- You have previous experience in the development of hardware IP blocks from C/C++ or HDL (VHDL, Verilog, SystemVerilog)
- An opportunity to work with a fascinating product – the premium multicore solution – shaping a new era of computing
- Professional guidance from our experienced engineering team
- Full responsibility for your own projects and opportunity to grow personally and professionally
- Start-up feeling with flat hierarchies, an international team and a fun work environment in Cologne Ehrenfeld
Are you ready for the next challenge? Grow with us and shape the future of Silexica! To apply please upload your CV, your motivation for this position (max. 3 sentences) and outline your availability, via our recruiting system.
We live and love diversity! We have a team of brilliant minds of 60 people from over 20 countries. We believe that the more diverse we are, the better we get. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.