Compiler Development Intern (f/m/d)
We believe that the growing gap between hardware and software development in embedded computing needs to be closed. Therefore, we develop state-of the-art programming tools to help developers build software that runs efficiently on intelligent products such as autonomous cars or 5G base stations
Silexica was founded in 2014 and has raised $28 million in funding so far. With its headquarters in Germany and offices in the US and Japan, Silexica is serving global customers across many rapidly transforming industries.
Silexica's team includes some of the best software tooling experts and embedded engineers in the world, complemented by experienced industry veterans and skilled business professionals. We are incredibly passionate about revolutionizing embedded programming and you can become an important part of our success story!
Would you like to shape the future of Silexica with us?
At Silexica’s Cologne headquarters, we are looking for a Compiler Development Intern to support our engineering team in various exciting projects for the duration of 6 months from September 2019. We offer you the exciting opportunity to become a part of a team of pioneering designers of tools for multicore design.
- You will integrate and develop benchmarks, unit and integration tests, and drive other improvements to further our product quality goals
- You will analyse heuristics for partitioning and mapping of applications to multicore platforms
- You will be responsible for continuous development, debugging and testing of compiler infrastructure
- You will be analysing architectural features of different processor families like ARM, x86 or PowerPC, and implementing tooling customizations or performance measurements on different boards such as Freescale/NXP B4860, Freescale/NXP B4240, Adapteva Parallella, Odroid XU4
Desired Skills and Experience:
- You are studying towards a Master’s degree in software engineering, computer science, electrical engineering or a related field, having successfully completed your Bachelor
- You have excellent C and C++ programming skills
- You have solid scripting skills on Windows and Linux (e.g. Python, Bash)
- You have knowledge in computer architecture and experience in the assembly for commercial processors (e.g., ARM, x86, PowerPC, TI DSPs...)
- You have first knowledge and interest in testing infrastructure
- You have knowledge about compiler construction and possess knowledge about the LLVM compiler infrastructure
- You are fluent in English
- You have excellent problem-solving capabilities and good communication skills
- You are a team player, who has a hands-on mentality and a desire to learn
- You are an EU citizen or possess a valid work permit. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- An opportunity to work with a fascinating product – the premium multicore solution – shaping a new era of computing
- Professional guidance from our experienced engineering team
- Full responsibility for your own projects and opportunity to grow personally and professionally
- Start-up feeling with flat hierarchies, an international team and a fun work environment in Cologne Ehrenfeld
Are you ready for the next challenge? Grow with us and shape the future of Silexica! To apply please upload your CV, your motivation for this position and outline your availability via our recruiting system.
We live and love diversity! We have a team of brilliant minds of 60 people from over 20 countries. We believe that the more diverse we are, the better we get. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.