Agile Project Manager Intern (w/m/d)
We believe that the growing gap between hardware and software development in embedded computing needs to be closed. Therefore we develop state-of the-art programming tools to help developers build software that runs efficiently on intelligent products such as autonomous cars or 5G base stations.
Silexica was founded in 2014 and has raised $28 million in funding so far. With its headquarters in Germany and offices in the US and Japan, Silexica is serving global customers across many rapidly transforming industries.
Silexica's team includes some of the best software tooling experts and embedded engineers in the world, complemented by experienced industry veterans and skilled business professionals. We are incredibly passionate about revolutionizing embedded programming and you can become an important part of our success story!
We are looking for an Agile Project Manager Intern (f/m/d) for a duration of six months starting in July 2019 at our headquarter in Cologne, helping us shape the future of embedded programming with us. As an Agile Project Manager Intern for Silexica's Engineering team, you help to track and manage a broad portfolio of product development initiative within the Engineering organization. You will work with Scrum teams to help ensure alignment, transparency, and consistency across teams. You must be a forward thinker who can assess situations, recommend solutions, and drive positive change across an organization.
- You take ownership of selected projects to improve our development processes – managing them from beginning to end and communicating progress to the VP Engineering and/or other executives
- You help drive communication, process improvements and consistency across our Scrum teams
- You coordinate and track projects spanning multiple geographically distributed teams
- You develop and track KPIs and create reports for the management
- You manage cross-team project dependencies and help teams mitigate risks in schedule and scope
- You are currently pursuing (at time of internship) a Bachelor's or Master's degree in IT, project management, business, industrial engineering, or a related field
- You are available for a 5-6 months internship starting in July 2019
- Your technical qualifications are advantageous but not necessary. More important is attention to detail, willingness to learn/adapt, effective communication skills and being a quick study.
- Basic knowledge of Project Management or Agile practices is desirable in this role
- Some level of technical understanding behind software development is essential.
- You are fluent in English (written and verbal). Good German proficiency is a plus
- You are passionate about entrepreneurship and have strong analytical and research skills
- You are an EU citizen or possess a valid work permit for Germany. Visa sponsorship is unfortunately not available for this position
- You will have hands-on experience with the Agile Development Process of a software start-up with guidance from an experienced management team
- You have full responsibility for your own projects and opportunity to grow personally and professionally
- Start-up feeling with flat hierarchies, international colleagues and a fun work environment in Cologne Ehrenfeld
Are you ready for the next challenge? Grow with us and shape the future of Silexica! To apply please upload your CV, your motivation for this position (max. 3 sentences) and outline your availability, via our recruiting system.
We live and love diversity! We have a team of brilliant minds of 60 people from over 20 countries. We believe that the more diverse we are, the better we get. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.