Build & Release Engineer (f/m/d)
We believe that advanced technologies like autonomous cars or real-time wireless data communication (5G) will make the world a better and safer place. To accelerate the development of intelligent products like these, Silexica provides software development tools that help engineers to bring better products to market faster; enabling our customers to win markets.
Silexica was founded in 2014 and has raised $28 million in funding so far. With its headquarters in Germany and offices in the US, Japan and Pakistan, Silexica is serving global customers across different rapidly transforming industries.Silexica's team includes some of the best software tooling experts and embedded engineers in the world, complemented by industry veterans and business professionals. Together, we are building the best software tools company in the world to make our customers successful in bringing better products to market faster! We are incredibly passionate about revolutionizing embedded programming and you can become an important part of our success story!
At Silexica’s headquarters in Cologne, we are currently looking for a passionate and experienced Release Engineer (f/m/d), to ensure the smooth running of our software development and release processes, working closely with our Engineering team.
- You develop, extend and improve continuous integration processes, tools, and practices to sustain the development workflows and ensuring high-quality standards in the SLX build and test infrastructure
- You plan, design and create system tests and other integration artifacts together with the development teams, QA and customer teams
- You work closely together with the Release Manager on building up our release and integration processes
- You are responsible for the daily integration of Pull Requests from our development team and ensuring a quick and effective resolution for the problems, including conflict resolution and prioritization among the teams
Your strengths & qualifications:
- You have a sound Software Engineering and IT technical skill set based on a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- You have gained 2-3 years of work experience as Release Engineer, DevOps Engineer or similar, ideally in embedded software development
- Very good knowledge of software build systems (ideally CMake or any others) is a must
- You have a good understanding of continuous integration systems, issue tracking systems (ideally Jenkins and Jira) and agile development
- You feel home in the Linux environment and master software versioning, ideally you also know about Docker and cross-building for Windows
- You are familiar with common scripting languages as Python, Bash, and Groovy and bring good C/C++ programming skills
- You enjoy collaborating across different teams to implement innovative and great solutions for a wide range of requirements and issues
- You have strong communication skills and good conflict-resolution abilities
- You are highly organized, passionate about achieving results and love to learn every day
- An opportunity to work with a leading breakthrough product that is shaping a new era of computing
- A competitive salary and an awesome work environment with an outstanding multi-cultural team
- A technical key role within our fast-paced and entrepreneurial organization
Are you ready for the next challenge? Grow your career as you shape the future of Silexica! To apply please upload your CV, your motivation for this position and outline your availability via our recruiting system.
For more information about SILEXICA please visit https://www.silexica.com/careers/
We live and love diversity! We have a team of brilliant minds from over 20 countries. We believe that the more diverse we are, the better we get. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.